Tuesday, June 12, 2007

“The police were taking witness arias.”

My internet connection has disappeared, so my updates may be spotty for awhile. First, the biking update. (I know you don’t care, but I lost my calendar, and I like to keep track of it somewhere.)

Sunday: 19 miles
Monday: 17 miles
Today: 18 miles

While biking over to my friend’s house this evening to watch the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode “Once More With Feeling,” I discovered just how short my new pair of shorts are. Let’s just say I’m glad I prepared for bathing suit season this weekend. I was slightly relieved when I noticed that the woman biking ahead of me was wearing shorts as skimpy as mine and I couldn’t see her jewel box. Of course, I wasn’t exactly in a position from which I would have been able to see it, had her clothing or lack thereof revealed it. Don’t think I’ll be wearing these shorts much in public from this day forth. Thank G-d they only cost a dollar at St. Vinny’s.

The one good side to the whole shorts thing: wearing them reveals more of my legs. And since my legs are still so pale that they can double as a reflective surface, short shorts make me more visible to automobiles when I’m biking at night.

(Side note to Jim, if you’re reading this: I believe I passed you and your dog near Just Coffee, and I would have stopped to say hello had my shorts been a little longer.)

Here is one of many fabulous snippets from the Buffy musical:

Spike: “You’ve just come here to pump me for information.”
Buffy: “What else would I want to pump you for?” (Disconcerted look.) “I really just said that, didn’t I?”

Many times while I was waiting to leave my job in Pennsylvania, the intro song to the musical – "Going Through the Motions" – would go through my head for days. This whole episode is really a work of genius.

Note to Clare: The shoe entry is on its way, once I find a suitable photographer. I haven't forsaken you!

No comments: