Wednesday, July 25, 2007

found

Fran's been found alive and apparently well in northern Wisconsin. That is all I know for now -- it only hit the news an hour ago. By the time you read this, there will probably be more information available through various news outlets, which you can peruse through a Google news search.

I drove to work yesterday and my heart welled with pity for all the people who do that every single working day of their lives.

When I get tired and my mind becomes feeble, I imagine that my brain is turning to cotton. All my senses seem muffled.

That is what driving on the Beltline felt like. It did not seem like I was really present, really THERE, speeding along at 55 mph. I felt cut off from world and sound and Madison's multifarious wildlife -- the squirrels, the rabbits, the idiots reading books while bicycling, the Japanese knotweed, the mulberries.

Every morning and every evening I can hear my neighbors hollering at each other. After driving yesterday, I began to understand a little about why there is so much anger in this world.

1 comment:

knicksgrl0917 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.