Friday, August 10, 2007

27.16

Today I was going to take a break from biking, but I needed to go to the east side to move some final furniture out of the truck in which it spent the night and into an actual building -- so I didn't take a break. The furniture was in the truck as a result of a series of miscommunications that I will not describe here, because it's really a rather boring story. Suffice it to say that the whole incident reminded me that I should, perhaps, someday, learn to drive stick shift.

Friends Andrea and Brad became my new heroes by, on very short notice, offering to drive the truck for me this afternoon. So now the furniture is in its destination, and I don't have to move anything for a whole 10 days. What a relief.

My boss let me leave work early for this momentous occasion, which was good -- except that I only keep SPF 15 sunblock at my office, figuring that SPF 30 is overkill for 4:30 or 5 p.m., which is when I usually head out of the office. So my forearms are now slightly sunburnt -- not in the painful way, just in the continuously-itchy-no-matter-how-much-skin-lotion-you-rub-in way.

After all that, I drove (yes, drove!) to Mt. Vernon (not the George Washington one) to watch homeschoolers do Shakespeare. My friend Alison directed them, and they were pretty good. There was a MacBethian witch of whom I was especially fond. Alison used to be in the Young Shakespeare Players, whom I strongly recommend you go see sometime if you are in Madison's vicinity.

I still haven't seen the Harry Potter movie. Alison and I have sworn to see it together, but we've both been hectic lately. We talked about seeing it tonight after the play, but I thought after a week of 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night, I ought to go home and go to bed. Clearly, I am not a dedicated Harry Potter fan.

No comments: