Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dreaming of me

I had a dream last night that I was visiting Philadelphia for the day. It looked a lot like Madison -- particularly when one is facing south at the intersection of Washington and Doty -- but with narrower streets, and hybridized with Madrid and Bethlehem or Beit Sahour.

I called my friend Gina, but she had moved to Austin. I called Clare, and she picked up the phone. We decided to get together at a coffeehouse. Phil was at work. And Chris was moonlighting as a DJ at an easy-listening/standards station. I was really impressed by the enthusiasm he conveyed when intro-ing and outro-ing songs. Even I was convinced that he loves Judy Garland-Barbra Streisand duets.

Then I went to visit my sister in New Jersey. It is always amazing how her abode metamorphoses from an apartment to a house and back again in my dreams. She was working in New York once more and decided to show me around. It looked a lot like Philadelphia -- the real one -- maybe with some Chicago and Baltimore thrown in.

1 comment:

Johnny Mumbles said...

I'm always amazed at the length and level of detail in your dreams. What kind of pot do you smoke again?