Monday, August 20, 2007

Juicy

I closed on the house this morning. The rest of the day was spent doing painting prep, painting (well, actually, Susan did all the actual painting), and ripping up carpet. For dinner, I went to the corner where there is a bagel shop, an ice cream store and a Mexican grocery. Since the bagel shop was closed and the grocery sold food that one would need to prepare -- in a kitchen, on a stove, in a pot that is not stowed away in a box -- I was forced to have a waffle cone with two scoops of Bear Claw for dinner. Chocolate ice cream with fudge and peanut butter cups. Pure torture, I tell you.

So, I would post some pictures of the new pad here, but I apparently put my camera in a box somewhere, and I don't remember which one. It's too bad, because I'm sure a shot of me pulling up carpet with no pants on would have been a treat for all.

I am still rooming at the chicken house on the west side. The male half of the heterosexual couple likes to surf YouTube. Yesterday, he introduced me to Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show, which he and his daughter discovered recently. The Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show music video "Juicy" was an excellent antidote for the sick-in-the-stomach feeling I got after watching Salad Fingers, which the young hipsters say is funny, but is in fact disturbing to such an extent that I will not provide a hyperlink to it here. If you want to get creeped out, you'll have to do the hard work of googling on your own.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ah, Salad Fingers, disturbing innocent websurfers since 2004. This coming from a young hipster who, this very weekend, used a few lines as inside jokes with old college buddies.

"Can I scratch your rusty kettle?"

Still sends me into a giggle fit and makes me nostalgic for moldy dorm rooms... Sigh.