Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I have been delinquent lately

I talked to my parents earlier this week and they chided me for not updating my blog lately. Even their dog barked at me over the fiber-optic lines.

I told them I have nothing to say because I'm putting in the bedroom floors (with paid help from Dekalb) and I have no camera with which to take pictures that I can post. Who wants to hear about how sore your butt gets from sitting cross-legged on the floor for hours while scraping the years of accumulated detritus from the tongues of the rescued pine flooring? The rest of the time I am at work, and I have a policy not to talk about the day-to-day of office life.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot to use my other 10% off coupon and I was there for three-and-a-half hours. As I approached the checkout lane, I realized that my blood sugar was dropping precipitously. I have gastritis right now, so I often can't tell that I'm hungry until I start *acting* hungry -- indecisive, short of temper, anxious and so forth. Alas, because of the gastritis, none of the candy options at the checkout line were acceptable. But it's not like I have diabetes or anything, so it wasn't a medical emergency.

Nonetheless, when I got to Jennifer Street Market (or click here for a picture) a half hour later, I bought blueberry kefir in addition to my usual gallon of non-homogenized milk (which I use for yogurt making). Since I ferment so many of my own foods, I usually view the purchase of pre-fermented foods as extravagant, so you see how hungry I must have been.

After I got through the checkout line, I opened up the quart bottle of kefir and drank about a third of it. Better than ice cream.

1 comment:

What I Think said...

Happy birthday, kiddo.
Zoe