Sunday, September 9, 2007

Minneapolis, here I am

I can now add Minnesota to the list of states I've been. This is satisfying in some ways, but in others-- Well, I guess I'll miss the incredulous looks on people's faces when I tell them that, although I've lived in the Upper Midwest almost my entire adult life, I've never been to Minnesota. I can no longer call it, "Minnesota, the land of mystery and mystique."

I had breakfast this morning in a restaurant called Hell's Kitchen. The food was pretty good, but they had all the waitstaff dressed in pajamas, which seemed a little forced and precious to me. I did, however, like the dead tree in the corner of the dining room, upon which were several stuffed crows and other sundry birds. I do love crows. I thought, "Perhaps I can make something like that for my living room."

If I were a good blogger, I would show you a picture of it now, but I still haven't found my camera. I have failed you all.

Oh, and I finally believe my friend Chris, who says that Minneapolis is effin cold. I've been walking around with a leather jacket (thanks curb days!) ever since I got here and still this morning I wondered if I should have another layer on. Madison is effin Hawaii in comparison.

(It now occurs to me that I haven't told you why I'm in the big MN. Business trip. Conference. It promises to be scintillating. At some point, one of our keynote speakers will juggle. Or so he promises. I am hoping that fire will be involved, in moderate amounts. Barring that, knives.)

1 comment:

Dekalb said...

Madison is frickin cold, 53 degrees with a miserable rain adding to the mix. I'm glad I'm not driving today. Enjoy the skyway.