Friday, October 12, 2007

Cold knees

This morning it was 41 degrees Fahrenheit instead of the expected 35. I therefore decided to forgo the pants I'd been planning to wear over my cycling tights. By the time I got to work, I wished I'd worn knee warmers.

Every other bit of me was warm though. I'd put out my winter windbreaker, but it's definitely too early for that. I had to stop only three miles into the ride to take off my jersey from underneath it. Alas, no one on the path seemed excited by the show. Perhaps black face mask I was wearing ruined the allure.

If you are reading this and are actually interested in how many and what kind of layers I wear -- which I can only imagine being the case if you are hoping for insight in how to suit up for your own commutes, or to compare our cold-weather dress styles so you can see how wimpy I am on my bike in comparison to you -- then you, like me, would probably benefit from a few tips on how to talk to non-cyclists. Do check them out. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The daily high is still around 90 here. Windbreaker? I wish.
-Gina