Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today's ADD thoughts

Interesting article on the real effects of businesses' environmental initiatives. For anyone who's ever had the audacity to ask, "If Wal-Mart builds a store that's 33% more energy efficient, doesn't it still use more energy than if the store had never been built at all?"

...

Earthquakes make me vomit, so I'm glad we don't have many of them in Wisconsin. We do, however, have the occasional icequake, including one this afternoon off of Madison's Lake Mendota. Alas, I was not close enough to feel it. Or was I? I did feel a little queasy after lunch ...

...

After Rodham Clinton and Obama started acting like toddlers in last week's debates, I decided that there was no way I was going to vote for either of them in the primary. Then the rest of the Democrats dropped out. So it looks like my only choices by late February will be McCain, Romney and Huckabee. Oh, joy. Now, if Romney would change his mind again about marriage and reproductive rights ...

No comments: