Sunday, February 10, 2008

Addendum to below

Lest anyone think my co-teacher was being insensitive for mentioning aerosolized vomit, I actually found his comment very amusing and I wouldn't be surprised if it boosted my white blood cell count. It turns out we have both discovered this phrase recently -- he because he is a parent with young children whose stomach flu he tried, and failed, to avoid contracting, causing him to go to the CDC Web site to find out all the mechanisms of transmission; and me because September was National Food Safety Month and, for work, I ended up reading and publicizing a lot of materials about how noroviruses are transmitted -- and we are both quite enamored with it. Which just goes to show that we were probably created to work with 10-12 year olds, who are also likely to find "aerosolized vomit" a fascinating phrase.

Jonathan, I challenge you to incorporate it into today's lesson.

No comments: