Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love, love, love

Today I read an interesting article about biological factors that may play a role in the development of eating disorders. Although testosterone seems to shorten lifespans in general, it apparently is life-giving in some cases (and we're not talking about sperm production here).

----

If you've never heard me mention WORT 89.9 FM, then you certainly must have heard me talk ad nauseum about Mel and Mr. Pants of the Mel and Floyd Summer Replacement Show. The only way I can imagine this no to be true is if you've never met me or, perhaps, if I see you less than once a year and decide to focus on the more personal updates in our interactions.

WORT lost some expected federal funding this year and needs to make up the shortfall with individual donations. Please consider giving it money. I don't know if you can get premia by pledging online, but you can when you call in at 608-256-2001 or toll-free 1-866-899-WORT (9678). The pledge drive has been extended through Friday, but I'm sure they'll accept your cash anytime.

No comments: