Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lazing around doing nothing

Oh, look! It's the morning table setting at the Grand Victorian Bed & Breakfast.





And then we take the trolley to the French Quarter ...






... where we eat lunch at the Red Fish Grill. We both have an amazing crawfish curry soup and I have a redfish burger. I'm not really sure what a redfish burger, even though I'm not really sure what a redfish is.

And I embarrass N by taking pictures. Then we wander around the French Quarter. The supposedly sexy shops are not very titillating and it is difficult to imagine anyone being aroused by their crassness.

But I guess I am not everyone. We tire out and take the trolley back to the B&B for a nap.




Then we go to Audobon Park and I take lots of pictures of the live oaks. Their branches have a tendency to grow downward, root at the point of contact with the ground, and grow back up on the other side.

Spanish moss.







A nice promenade.








For dinner, we go back to the French Quarter to eat beignets at Cafe de Monde, along with the best cafe au lait I have ever had. Must be the chicory.







I took this picture so a certain relative can pretend he owns the place.

No comments: